Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cookies and Smoothies..

Have you ever made the best cookie of your life?

Judging by the smell and looks of the cookies I just whipped up, I think I just may have done it. My buddy Kevin and I are heading up to Traverse City today for some race meetings tomorrow. To fuel our rides there and back I decided to bake us some peanut butter cookies. Now these are not just any PB cookies. These are peanut butter cookies with bits of broken pretzels and a chunked up sea salted caramel chocolate bar. Everything but the pretzels came from TJ's so you know their good. I cannot wait to sink my teeth into these beauties!

To start my morning off right though I made one hell of a smoothie.
I mixed up:
1/2 cup'ish Fage Plain 2% Greek yogurt
1/2 cup ish (who measures?) frozen Lifeway plain Kefir
1 Banana
1/2 Cup frozen strawberries
1 Tbsp Flax seed meal
Dash of Silk Almond milk to get it blended.

Time for some running and yoga followed by a long ride up north! We're getting to TC just in time to see the Lions take on the Saints..of course we'll be watching from a local brewery..


No comments: