Thursday, July 19, 2012

Meet me at the Battleship!

Super exciting news to report! I was officially asked by PPD to be one of their Heroes for the Beach to Battleship Iron Man in Wilmington, North Carolina ..

Click the Battleship to see recent Heroes!

So here is the scoop:

Who is PPD? They are the title sponsor of this Iron Man and are leaders in the clinical trials world.


How did they find me? When I was the keynote speaker at the Partnerships Clinical Trials conference in March in Orlando, someone who works for them mentioned the race to me after they heard me speak. It definitely sounded sweet!


What do I do as a hero? Well....I will be doing something that I do best, talk!  I will telling my story with CF, exercise, good nutrition and of course how participating in clinical trials has changed my life at a few speaking gigs around town the week of the race.

Also I will be participating in the Half Iron Man!! My goal is the bike and run it and have someone join my relay team to swim...I do not swim....at all! `Unless there is a raft floating portion of the race I will not be getting wet. Just ask my friends who were at the pool with me last week. I was almost a goner, in the 4'10 area.


How long is the race? I will be biking 56 miles and then running 13.1 miles. When I complete this I will be 2/3 of a Half Iron Lady!

Beach to Battleship was voted the #2 Iron Man in the USA and #5 worldwide. I am completely honored to be a part of this race and to represent PPD. The race is October 20 so I will have plenty of time to train smart and make sure I am ready!

Don't you worry...I will publish training reports so you can keep up with my long bike rides, runs,  yoga and what I am eating during this whole shebang! It will be a lot.. oh and lots of extra salt with be consumed for sure as well.

I'll be looking for friends to run and bike with...or definitely eat with. So let me know if you are in it to win it with me, or at least finish!

Rock N Roll!
Em

No comments: