Thursday, May 3, 2012

Go Go Go....Lytely

Yep, I knew it was coming. Stomach cramps, bloating, completely irregular shits, nausea, feeling like a pregnant Octomom and big time loss of appetite...I know, that last one is scary! Oh and Gas..lots and lots of gas. So much that I had to schedule my yoga classes around it..that happy baby in yin was a little scary.


So today I saw my main man and CF Dr. Tom for my 2 month check up. PFT's were through the roof. I think they were the highest they have been on that adult clinic machine. FEV was 85! When I blow at my study visits on the Pediatric side they are always higher than the adult side...that's where I blew the 93 & 95'er. So lungs are amazing and blue lightning continues to strike.

I lost a few lbs since last visit and that's gotta be due to my obstruction and non regular eating. Distal Intestinal Obstruction Syndrome, or DIOS is what my main CF problem is these days..other than running or cycling related crap. So every couple months I start to get a little blocked up or obstructed in my intestines..The symptoms which I described above are how I know it is coming on. My "maintenance" routine is Miralax every other day and of course, proper amounts of naturally occurring fiber, Good Belly and more probiotics! I do all of this and still, every two months are so things get blocked up. C'est la vie! I can breathe, so I guess I can deal with the shitter issues.

And here I am on this 90 degree day, with no A/C, pounding 4 liters of G2 Fruit Punch induced Golytely. I've taken so much of this shit that I swear an endorsement is due. I can see it now on that back of my bike jersey, "Golytely, always on the move." Normal people only drink Golytely when they turn 50 and they need that colonoscopy; but when you have CF you may drink it more in a half a year than most people do in a lifetime. When I first started drinking this stuff years ago it would take 4-5 hours to knock back...now my record is 2 hours and 10 minutes...so cheers to PR'ing!


Red is definitely not advised if you are having a colonoscopy the next day...But I do it for fun!

Always gulping it from the Polyamy Porter glass for good luck!

See you when I'm 5 lbs lighter and faster than lightning!


No comments: