Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday Seven & Salad

Today is the Out Run CF Virtual run that I/Rock CF put on along with my buds at CysticLife.org! We have done two of these in the past and decided on a nice May run to commemorate CF Awareness month. Roughly 200 people from around the country, Canada, and Paris-France have already run today or are running today to raise awareness about cystic fibrosis. I love it! This a.m. I popped out of bed wide awake at 6..sometimes when this happens I'm a little peeved because it's the weekend and mama needs her beauty rest. Not today apparently! I had a quick coffee, toasted pita with almond butter and a banana and watched some Dennis the Menace reruns. By 7:30am I was out the door on a cool 7 mile run.

After the run I had some steel cuts with flax seed, coconut oil, cinnamon, greek yogurt and prunes. Yep prunes are how I roll now....magic. 













































Steph and I hit up Eastern Market this am too. One word. Madhouse..or is it Mad House? That would be two words. Oh well...it wasn't even flower day and the place was real Crazy. I snagged some nice local spinach, beets, tomatoes and some kick ass infused olive oilThese ingredients made up my SaturdaySalad pictured above! Here's what is in that fiesta bowl:


Chopped spinach
Diced tomatoes with salt and pepper
Roasted beets
Roasted garlic
Cooked Quinoa
Baked Tofu
Drizzled with KenzOil (Did I say how good this shit is? I blew my last $5 on this stuff!)

Off to the 10th anniversary of the coolest fundraising event around, Sal's Pals! Sold out crowd of 500 and I am hosting tonight....can't wait to tell lies and make some money for the CFF!

No comments: