Monday, May 21, 2012

Parfait Your Monday

So TCBY (yes the awesome yogurt shop very popular in the 1980's) has special offers on their treats for different days of the week. I know this because I go there a lot...a lot of a lot. My usual is just a twist of chocolate and vanilla in a cake cone though, nothing crazy. Sometimes when I am feeling like a change up I'll splurge and get a parfait with fruit and nuts. Whoooa..I know, slow down! 

A couple months ago TCBY introduced a new flavor. When I heard of the new flavor being announced I couldn't believe it! This flavor is right up my ally. Out of excitement I made sure to tell all of my friends know about it asap...the flavor? Greek Yogurt!! Being a huge Greek yogurt fan, the arrival of this product was hugely anticipated and long awaited. The night before it came out I was so excited that I couldn't sleep. "What will it taste like? Will it be too sweet? It better be thick and creamy? What if it tastes like plain old vanilla????" Ok, I did think these things but I didn't lose any sleep over it..I promise.

The morning of the official launch I woke up with a plan; Go to yoga and then be the first to try the Greek. So after yoga I marched right across the street and ordered away. 1 kiddy sized cone to go. Feeling like a small child on Christmas the cone size was appropriate. Upon being handed my cone I left rather swiftly with a smile on my face because it's weird to me to eat ice cream (yogurt....)that early in the day...especially alone, with no kids.
My Review: Overall it is a great flavor! Very thick and doesn't have the "star" type swirl like the other flavors, making it tough to eat on a cone unless you devour it quickly. I could get technical with the swirling here but I'll save you.   Sometimes Greek is in the same machine as Cookies and Cream...if this happens YOU MUST swirl them together. 
TCBY Days
Parfait your way Monday
Shiver me Tuesday
Waffle Cone Wednesday
Thirsty Thursday
Free Topping Friday
Savings Saturday- Buy a Quart Get a Pint 
Sunday Sundae

Being that it is Monday I decided to post my own Parfait recipe from the weekend. I am using real Greek yogurt here..this is just a guide though, so go crazy with your Parfait Your Way Monday!
1 6oz Container of Fage 2% Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 Sliced Banana 
1/3 Cup Granola (I used locally made Simply Suzanne)
1/4 cup/+ Blueberries
Local Honey to Drizzle

Layer away with the above ingredients. I like to keep my fruit in separate layers so I get a different flavor and texture with each bite. Spread the granola out too..maybe 2-3 layers there. Top with the granola and a honey drizzle and enjoy!

P.S. This 2% Fage gives you 20 grans of protein. I read the labels on all of the different brands to see which one has the most protein and the least amount of sugar. This is my #1. There is a TOTAL version available with even more protein and a lot more fat. GREAT for the CF crew trying to maintain or gain weight!

Enjoy!


No comments: