Saturday, June 2, 2012

Eat your greens...or drink them?

I got juice!! Very real juice.

Those fools at Gilt.com have done it again. I swear they have a direct wire tap into my brain and know exactly what I've been eyeing for months or years, and then they magically offer those items at crazy deals on their website. This time? The juicer that has been on my mind for months...it is now in my kitchen.

Currently I'm playing around with portions and veggie/fruit ratios, but does it really matter? So far everything that has come out of that juicer and gone into my mouth has been so damn good. After a juice yesterday I said aloud to myself, "I can get any kid to like veggies! Send them my way."

So far one of my favs is:
1 Kiwi
1 Green Apple
3 Carrots
1/4 inches of fresh ginger

Tomorrow morning I think I'll go with the "Green Slimer"...a green juice I'm making up as I type this....
Kale, Spinach, Romain, Green Apple, Ginger & Lemon, all from local farms or gardens. Sounds like a great thing to do before yoga!

Cheers.





3 comments:

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

"Mean Green" is still one of my faves, and the staple juice from the documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." 1 small bunch kale, 4 stalks celery, 1 big cucumber, 2 apples, 1/2 lemon, small chunk ginger. I could drink this everyday and sometimes I do! You will love it! The lemon and ginger make it sooooo good!

Emily Schaller said...

Great flick!! I'll dial Mean Green up next week!