Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hello..My name is..

So I'm a huge Broadway nerd and one of my recent faves is The Book of Mormon. Take the fact that I have a slight obsession with the whole Mormon situation, and add that into a musical written by the South Park dudes and you have one happy gal. In October I was lucky enough to win lottery rush front row tickets (1 of 11 winners out of hundreds of entries). Now I was sick as hell and was toughing out my lowest PFT's ever, but this show made me forget that I couldn't breathe for shit and was coughing like a fool. Since seeing the show I've listened to the cast recording a cool 5 times a week? One of the most all around amazing shows that I have ever seen.

My bro is also obsessed and luckily he was on the trip with me in October and got to see the show too. He may be a little crazier about the show as he listens to it, uhmmmm...probably multiple times a day, possibly even in his police cruiser while on duty.

So, my little niece K, his daughter, has been listening to it just as much because she is stuck in the backseat as he blasts the soundtrack while singing along..he does all the parts btw and even more than one and once. It sure is a sight, and sound.

I'm proud to say that K knows and loves the BOM too. Well maybe she just knows it and sings it because it's embedded in her brain BUT now she is singing it right on cue. HELLO is the opening number in the show, it's when all the Mormon Elders introduce themselves.."hello, my name is Elder Price..Elder Grant..Elder Cuttingham etc..." The finale of the show revisits HELLO once more, but this is after the Ugandan people have become Elders themselves. The Book of Arnold...

Listen below as K sings the HELLO number from The Book of Mormon. As you can see she is painting in this pic, but my favorite part here is that apparently she started singing this while House Hunters on the HGTV network was on in the background. If you know that show, you know that a Doorbell rings quite often when they show someone a new house. Well, in BOM HELLO starts off with a doorbell (and many more) and K now sings HELLO when she hears a doorbell..LOVELY!

My niece hears doorbell from House Hunters on HGTV and goes i... on Twitpic

Also toward the end she says "No....my name is sister Kimber.." Sister Kimbe is one of the Uganda Elders at the end of the show.

Nothing makes this nerdy Broadway auntie happier. I have a star in the works here!

No comments: