Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch---IA!

I know what you're thinking...."that looks like shit in a bowl!"

Well it's not. In that white bowl is Chocolate Chia Pudding! Of course you know what Chia Pets are right? Well these same little seeds are actually great for you. Rich in Omega's and fiber, they created a huge buzz in the health food world over the last couple years. I use them to sprinkle on my oatmeal and cereal and also to add to smoothies. Yesterday I did something I've been meaning to do for a while now; combine the mega health benefits of Chia seeds with one of my all time favorite foods ever, pudding!



This was super easy:
2-3 Teaspoons of cocoa powder
1 Cup almond or coconut milk
1 Tablespoon of organic peanut or almond butter
1/2 of a ripe banana
1 teaspoon of vanilla
3 Tablespoons of Chia seeds

Combine everything but the Chia's in a blender and spin it all up until it is smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl, add the chia seeds. Pour into ramekins or not, and stir every 15 minutes or so. If you like it chilled throw it in the fridge to cool down. 
ENJOY health and deliciousness!

XO,
Em

No comments: