Monday, October 17, 2011

My life is a stage...or a seat in the theatre.

So I love Broadway..laugh it up all you want but there is nothing that makes me happier. Broadway and theatre is pure magic! Since my uncles have lived in NYC my whole life I have been very lucky to see a ton of shows. I'm going to use this post not only to show you what I've seen, but to also help ME remember what the hell I have seen.


*=Em's Top Picks!

1993
The Who's Tommy *

1994
Beauty and the Beast

1997
SIDE SHOW*** (#1 musical of all time!)
The Lion King*
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Jekyll & Hyde

1998
Footloose
Cabaret
Rent
Les Miserable

1999
Amadeus
Annie Get Your Gun
Kiss Me, Kate
Saturday Night Fever
Miss Saigon

2000
Aida
James Joyce's the Dead
The Full Monty
The Rocky Horror Show


2001
42nd Street
The Producers
Mamma Mia!
Urinetown

2002
Flower Drum Song
Hairspray *
Oklahoma
The Graduate
Thoroughly Modern Milly

2003
Little Shop of Horrors
Take Me Out
Wicked *

2004
La Cage aux Folles

2005
The Color Purple **
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

2006
A Chorus Line
Company
The Apple Tree
The Wedding Singer

2007
Xanadu
The Drowsy Chaperone
Young Frankenstein

2008
Gypsy

2009
next to normal *
West Side Story
The 39 Steps
South Pacific

2010
American Idiot
La Cage aux Folles*
Promises, Promises

2011
Anything Goes
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
Sister Act
The Book of Mormon**

B'Way Touring Productions
You're a Good Man Charlie Brown (Preview in Detroit)
Martin Guerre (Tour in Detroit)
A Bronx Tale
Twelve Angry Men
Legally Blonde
Avenue Q
Spamalot
Chicago
Sweeny Todd
Sweet Charity
Fiddler on the Roof
Movin' Out
Ragtime
Guys and Dolls

Here are a few of my rules when going to the theatre. This may sound silly but I have experience ALL of these things at my last 4 shows and it kills me.

1)Do not bring that damn drink with ice inside, these are real people on stage and they can hear you drinking, shaking ice and you sucking that last damn drop out with your straw. STOP!
2) It's not a movie and there are NO previews , so get there early. Sit down and act like a real person.
3) Shut your damn phone off.
4)Do not talk.

I know that you can survive for 2.5 hours without eating, drinking and using your phone. If I can do it, you can too. Man I sound like a bitch but 1 person can ruin the night for thousands of people who paid big bucks for these tickets. R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Now go see a Broadway show people!






No comments: