Monday, April 16, 2012

Em's Go Go Granola...My first attempt

This morning I woke up and thought, "I'm going to try and make granola!" Who doesn't wake up thinking this?' So, at 7:30am I started brainstorming on what I was going to put in it...I came up with this recipe below....
Dry Ingredients:
Oats
Dried Prunes
Cinnamon
Chia Seeds
Ground Flax Seed
Sunflower Seeds
Almonds
Salt
A pinch of pepper

Wet Ingredients:
Coconut Oil
Agave Nectar
Vanilla
(pre almonds, before the oven...)



Because I've never made granola I didn't know the process. I looked a 3 online recipes briefly, only looking at how you mix the wet and dries and also the oven temp and time of cooking. I was not spying on the other bloggers recipes..this is my damn granola recipe!


When you read the ingredient list you may notice what I did here...this granola is going to really ummm "wet my whistle" ;), and that's the plan. If this shit turns out ok I will venture into different flavors and ingredients, always keeping the low sugar aspect in mind. This is supposed to be a healthy breakfast served with the milk of your choice, mine is Silk unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk or yogurt, Plain Greek or Plain Stoneyfield...with a diced banana or fresh berries of course..



As I type this the granola is in the oven and it smells really, really damn good!

Ok, Ok...the verdict is in...this shit is tasty! I will work to perfect it and then shell out some solid recipes.

Just wait...tonight I'm making veggie & tofu coconut red curry with brown rice....it's ok, you can cry.

Eat well and be happy!

1 comment:

cupcakedetroit said...

can i have some dinner cooked by you? nom nom nom nom