Thursday, April 19, 2012

The store bought cookie..


I had a random thought go through my head last night. "Why would someone buy store bought cookies?" Now I'm talking Chips Ahoy's (I know, those are weirdly good), Pepperidge Farm, etc... and even my loyal brand Kashi..
Cookies are so easy to bake and places like Avalon Bakery, Traffic Jam, Greengo's, Astoria and a host of other local bakeries fire out amazingly tasty cookies every day. Avalon cookies just happen to be my #1 cookies of all time ...vegan oatmeal raisin? chocolate & sea salt anyone? I think so!
(sea salt going onto the chocolate chunk...)

As much as we eat cookies, which may not and should not be every day (unless you're a CF'er :) ), why would you want one that has tons of preservatives in it and can sit in your pantry or your cabinets for months? It's so bizarre. I don't need a fortune 500 company baking my damn cookies.

And I know, some of you may be thinking, "Emily..what the hell is wrong with you? You've lost your mind..Just eat the damn cookie!" No. I am taking a stand right now. I will not eat a cookie that comes out of a package for the rest of my life. Unless..it is an Oreo or Newman's Own that is going into a Blizzard or it is in ice cream. My rules!

Apparently I've been watching too many food documentaries on Netflix..but the bottom line is this; I'm fed up with the American food situation and I will change it one cookie at a time!

Join the no cheap ingredient crappy cookie movement with me!




No comments: