Monday, April 9, 2012

Little Miss Sunshine..


It's amazing how one tiny person with a tiny little voice can change your life and make you feel so good. My little niece Kacey is that person and I love her to pieces. This weekend I got to spend 4 days with her and my bro and sis in law. Thursday night made me realize why I could never have kids of my own though..No, it's not what you are thinking. Kacey is smart, cute, never crabby, hilarious and amazingly sweet. I could never have kids of my own because I could not deal with them ever being sick or in danger. In the middle of the night Thursday I was woken by K screaming and crying. I bolted up the stairs to see what was wrong. When I got there she had puked everywhere. My bro and sis were comforting her as they sat with puke all over them. At 3am I was awoken the same way, so again I stumbled up the stairs to her. Now after puking for 2 hours and feeling like crap K looked at me and said "it's ok Elluly..I just have a little bit of a cold." She then proceeded to see if we wanted to play with her toys. The puking continued for hours and so did her tears..her stomach hurt and she didn't like puking.. It was so sad! After a trip to the Dr, a blue slushy and a long nap, she was good to go and ready to play by mid afternoon.

Because K was feeling so good and the weather was so beautiful I was lucky enough to take her to the zoo on Saturday. We looked at monkeys, bears, turtles, fish, big cats and more monkeys. Afterward we shared a lovely vegan pizza outside and then a vegan cookie after (she is one of the kids has a pesky dairy allergy..) As we were waiting outside for the pizza she asked if she could sit on my lap. As she sat there she nestled in, put her hand around my head and kissed my cheek a couple times. This made me melt and think, good lord I am one lucky aunt! How can something so little be so affectionate?

Here is a funny story from the weekend: We were all sitting at the table finishing breakfast and Kacey said she had to go poo poo. So she ran in there and we sat and chatted. From the bathroom we heard her: "Ok guys are you ready? It's coming!....ok here it comes! Are you ready??...*insert plop* Did you hear it?! Ok guys, here it comes again. Just wait, it's coming! *Insert tiny plop* Did you hear it?!"
Rolling on the floor. All of us!


Another story for your Monday: My dad was in the bathroom shaving and doing his business. He was in there for a white, and after a few minutes I hear Kacey knock on his door and say "Papa...are you ok in there?" Apparently she did that to my brother in the afternoon yesterday too.."Daddy? You ok in there?"

Everyone should know a 3 year old that melts your heart. There is nothing like it.

1 comment:

jessica said...

fan freaking tastic. what a cutie. you are right, you are a great babysitter :)