Monday, August 13, 2012

Guten Morgen!


Love this shot that my main man John took on our morning ride today! I needed to get in a 3 hour session so John and my friend Becky joined for the first 90 minutes. We headed straight downtown on the open and dark roads to Belle Isle for a few laps. The roads were basically ours the whole time and we only had to argue with a few geese and seagulls who were trash picking from this weekends BBQ's. We cruised at a quick clip and took turns drafting...well actually Becky led for all of the drafting portions. She is basically Lance Armstrong minus the drugs..

*Wow your friends with this fun fact: Belle Isle is the largest park owned by any city in the U.S.A. AND the guy who designed Central Park in NYC also design our little island in the city. Explode it!

I tried out the Hammer orange cream Perpetuem today because my ride was going to be a bit longer. Seemed to work pretty damn good! I was popping Salt Stick caps, sipping on that orange dream and also sipping water. I did pop a couple GU's though because I could feel my stomach getting feisty. So far that seemed to work well. I'm feeling pretty damn good right now, a little weird in my head so maybe I need to take in more salt...more experimenting!

Post ride I busted an Ezekiel English muffin topped with my dad's homemade blackberry jam & natural PB and a bowl of 2% Fage Greek Yogurt topped with blueberries and Pumpkin Flax granola. And of course......coffee!

Here's to a great week ahead as my mom, dad, brother and I head to Key West! I can already hear the sirens...


No comments: