Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Warrior shake..it's good!

Last week I came across Sun Warrior, a brand of vegan/plant based raw protein powders that have a complete line up of Omega's and a bunch of other great things. After checking out the site I got in touch with the company and they sent me out a few Warrior Blend Products; vanilla, chocolate and natural. With all of the training coming up for the 1/2 Iron Man I need to be conscious of increasing my calories while not getting into too much sugar and other crap. Growing up on nutritional weight gain powders I know a lot of these are overly processed and filled with some low quality junk. Trans fat anyone?..so when I found this I was super excited to try it!




Today I whipped up the chocolate powder pack in the blender with:
1 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 of a frozen banana
Handful each of strawberries and blueberries (that I just picked yesterday!)
1 chocolate coconut water ice cube

It was great! Last week I just mixed the vanilla one with almond milk and it was decent...adding fruit and blending is definitely the way to go, especially if you have texture issues.

The individual packet that I used had 15 grams of protein and only 1.4 grams of sugar, perfect. It is pretty low in calories though (only 84 per pack) so if I need more calories after a ride or run I'll drop in some almond butter and flax or chia seeds. This was just a snack on a tummy full of...you know...maybe time for a GoLytely round soon.

I'll definitely be ordering more of this! Click on the pic above to read all about the Sun Warrior products!

Rock CF,
Em


No comments: