Sunday, November 20, 2011

Put it on everything!



Today my mama and I hit up my Trader Joe's to get all of our goods for Thanksgiving. I got all my apple-cranberry- pecan stuffing ingredients and my fall veggies for roasting. Mama picked up her healthy little all natural, vegetarian fed, (no hormones or antibiotics), Minnesota Viking raised grade A turkey. We are now ready for our first Up North Thanksgiving! My brother Jay and my sis (in law) Carrie live in Orlando (land of Sea World, Disney and magic) so unfortunately they won't be enjoying the carb-fest with us. Soon enough we will be able to teleport..I cannot wait for that day!

I am on the Detroit 5/3 Turkey Trot Race Committee so I'm going to have my pops work with me on the course Thanksgiving morning while my mom runs the 5k. As soon as we are done with that we are hitting the road up to the cabin. Adam, Marcy and K will meet us up there Friday am and we will partake in our food party on Friday afternoon...after the Schaller morning run of course.

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Butter is the moral of the story here though, the official start to my holiday season. I picked this treat up this morning and immediately came home to make an almond butter & pumpkin butter sandwich. For my afternoon snack I swirled that shit around in my plain Greek yogurt and topped it with granola. Now I'm ready for anything! This stuff is so good that I will put it on anything that I want. Waffles, toast, yogurt, in muffins, in oatmeal...you get it. So if you live near a TJ's and love pumpkin, eat this now.


No comments: