Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bloggin It Out Once Again. All A.D.D. All the Time.

Ok so I took two years off..what's the big deal? I am liking the idea of keeping this blog and the Rock CF blog www.letsrockcf.org/blog separate. Kind of like the separation of Church and State. It's a good thing!

Nutrition is a huge part of my life. With CF I really have to make sure I'm getting enough calories. This is especially true because I'm training so much for runs and cycle tours. My calories today are for the most part very good and clean and come from whole foods. Drastically different from the Emily 5 years ago, I try to avoid processed crap and HFCS as much as possible. Here's a taste of what I just had for breakfast:

Smoothie made with GoodBelly Mango probiotic drink(more on GB later) , plain kefir, frozen organic triple berry medley, ground flax seed and fresh organic kale.
2 Egg Omelet with red onion, sautéed spinach and diced tomatoes.

I know this doesn't sound like a huge breakfast but here's the deal. I find that if I eat smaller meals every 2 to 3 hours it really helps keep DIOS/blockages away a little bit longer. Because my digestive system is like a clogged drain I have really found what works best for me.

I am OCD about breakfast and always make it my best meal of the day. 95% of the time my breakfast starts with an oatmeal base where I then top it with fruits, almond milk, yogurts, nuts honey.. etc.

Eat well and be well!
Em

No comments: