Monday, September 12, 2011

How on earth?

I don't know how people do it. I'm rounding out day 6 with no running, cycling, yoga, soccer or anything. Two words: going crazy.

Six years ago this would have never come out of my mouth. I was eating spicy chicken sandwiches from Wendy's, sacks o ten from White Castle, drinking Coke and the only exercise I would be getting is a run to the car in a rainstorm. Since my "lifestyle change" a few years ago (that just sounds ridiculous), exercise has become not only a part of who I am but also a very important part of what is keeping me ticking.

Addicted? I wouldn't quite go that far. A priority? Yes, especially since I have some big bike rides in the next few weeks and I'm also hoping for a spring half marathon. Add yoga 4-5 times a week to my running and riding and you can understand why doing NOTHING for 6 days is killin me.

My brother tells my mom to cripple me so I don't go do something dumb. Oh driving in the rain when I can't see or read street signs isn't good? My bad! Reebs said she is going to tie me to my chair and shove relaxing pills down my throat. Sounds terrible!

Hopefully I will know more Wednesday..if I get the go ahead and I can actually see then I'm going on a long ass ride.




No comments: