Sunday, September 25, 2011

Spoiler Alert

This morning as I hacked, spit, peed, and swallowed thick air on my 4 mile run, I realized how spoiled I have been the past 21 months. The little "blue pill" has completely changed my life to the point where I don't really cough at all, I can take deep breaths without needing to cough after and my lungs feel so clear. My skin is way less salty when I exercise too and I generally feel as though I now live with extremely different case of CF.

Since being temporarily taken off the blue pill for the last 2 weeks, I have seen a change. This change was almost as fast as when I started on the trial for this drug. 4 days into the trial I knew this pill was working. I could BREATHE! My deep cough came to a halt, no mucus was even in there and I lost my sexy raspy CF voice. Well, about a week of being off this pill my "old CF" has started creeping back in. My voice is raspy, I am coughing more and bringing up some lovely oysters, and most importantly, I forgot how much easier running is when I am on my little blue.

Most CF ladies can relate to this problem too, coughing and peeing! This is something I haven't done for the past 21 months but before that I would have to only run in black shorts or pants because I would cough so much on a run that I would end with some wet as pants. "You aint coool unless you pee yo pants!" Well today it's a good thing I wore black shorts because I was cool!

What's gonna be is gonna be. Hopefully I can get back on soon after I get all ENT appointmented out in October. Until then I'm going to run and yoga my ass off like I always do to keep these pink lungs healthy!

No comments: