Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Finisher But Never Finished...

Isn't this shirt sweet? I saw the (re)vici booth at the Beach2Battleship race expo and knew that these guys were pumping out some sweet products. When I spoke with the master minds behind this company I realized right away that they "get it." Cool gear that people want to wear beyond race day or  race weekend..this is something that I'm focused on doing with Rock CF and the Rock CF Rivers races.

When I first eyed the Finisher But Never Finished shirts the phrase immediately resonated with me.   I of course had to get one of these shirts and ended up with the dark charcoal gray color that I wore the day after I Finished the big race.

Even though I bought it before I actually finished my first half iron distance, that didn't matter. Having finished 7 half marathons, tons of other 5k's & 10k's, 300+ mile bike rides from Detroit to Chicago or D.C. to Pittsburgh, all of these allowed me the right to wear this, right?...BUT  Finisher But Never Finished goes beyond the road I run on or the bike journeys I take. It summarizes my whole life, and really anyone else who lives with a chronic or illness. We fight battles large and small, come out on top and cross that finish line (sometimes crawling through), but there will always be more fighting. We go into the hospital to treat lung infections, have surgeries or procedures, and we come out a finisher...but we are not finished.

There will be a day when we are all Finished (thank you Blue Lightning for helping to give my expiration date a little boost) but until then we all will continue to be Finishers in our everyday battles!

I suggest you head over to read about this awesome company..and maybe pick up a shirt or two!

Em


No comments: