Monday, October 15, 2012

The Final Countdown!

It is officially Race Week!!!

Tomorrow my mom, pops and I will be hitting the road southeast toward Wilmington, North Carolina. I have 3 bags packed already, one for my speaking outfits, one for my bike and run gear, 1 for snacks and nebulizers..actually add 1 more, my vest! It ain't easy to travel light when you have CF.

We will drive a while tomorrow, spend the night and then head into the Wil Wednesday a.m. In the early afternoon I have a meeting with the PPD heroes and crew to go through a dress rehearsal for Thursday's Hero Awards. After the rehearsal I gotta bust over to Bike Cycles to get my bike tuned up and pick up some last minute gear.

Big week ahead!!

My folks picked up their first smart phones yesterday, the Galaxy 3's...It's a really nice phone and their commercials make me want one, even though I'm an iPhoner. The plan is for me to hold tutoring sessions from the backseat during the drive down. This should be pretty interesting..maybe even worth recording. All I need for them to be able to do on Saturday is to take pictures and video and be able to share those via text and perhaps Facebook... let's cross our fingers! I am confident that they can master this.

How many of you have had your parents join the smart world?Perhaps I will write a book about my experiences with this, no not the iron man, but "Guiding Your Parents into the New World of Technology." Step 1:Have a bottle of whiskey on hand... Step 2: Drink it..together.

Next stop Wilmington!


No comments: