Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Blowout

The above scene is becoming too familiar these days.

Today's blowout was amazing! The sound it made scared the crap out of me and my friend Sarah who I was riding with. I had started riding at 7am, then picked Sarah up at 8:30 with plans to ride until 10am. At 8:35 I got a call from Reebs saying she was locked out of her house. Good thing I checked my phone when I did...So we played lock smith and rode up with my key to let Reebs in. That was the start to the day. Just minutes after that we were on our way to get some good miles in and *insert missile sound here*, my back tire blew! 

This is the same tire that took 3 tubes last Wednesday to fix. Monday night the tire was flat again so I took it to my local shop last night to get fixed. It seemed to be cool this a.m. but apparently the tire slit and glass chunk in there was not good. Last nights service and tubes and today's new tire and tube added up nicely..But while I'm at it I should get a new front tire, new tire levers and a tune up.....I am about ready to sell my kidney. Oh and I need more Hammer and Heed supplies...so yeah at least 1 kidney will go on the market, followed by another appendage of the buyers choice.

Luckily Sarah was able to ride home and driver her Navigator back to rescue me and take me to the bike shop..yes she is a baller and yes Kwame did lease this car for her too. So our ride didn't go as planned but it was eventful and we got some good laughs in. I'll probably head out later tonight for another hour or so since I only got 1 hour and 45 min in this a.m. And damn it was a good ride too. No wind and it was WARM!

Ta ta for now...off for some CFF calls and meetings!
Em

No comments: