Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Beat the Rain Mile..

Reo Speedwagon's "Riding the storm out" was running through my head on this mornings run...the forecast looked wet but when I woke up to run there was no sign or sound of drizzle. After a good foam roller session and some coffee I hit the streets for an hour run.

I went with my Newton's today and that seemed to be a good choice. My feet felt good, and so did the rest of my bod. I set cruise control at a pretty low pace and just coasted through these miles today. The sky grew darker by the mile and by the time I was on my last two it was very dark. A nice man walking his dogs even stopped me to tell me to be careful, a nasty cloud was moving our way fast. This became an opportunity to turn it on a little bit. Hammering out the last two miles at a fairly speedy pace felt good...almost like I was racing this black cloud. Looking up to the sky at every block it came closer and closer...

Luckily I made it home before it even began to spit. Yeehaw!! Another dry run!

Yesterday I got a decent cycling session in. Tomorrow I am going to do some speedy riding with Armstrong and shoot for a 4 hour + 15 run situation on Thursday. The mornings are getting cold so I have a cart full of cold weather gear on the Pearl Izumi site...just need $$$$$ to pay for it!

I hate few things more than being cold on a bike...the other things I will leave alone for now. So wonder your little hearts out.

Happy "Shiver Me Tuesday" Rock CF Fundraiser day at TCBY in the Village! I will be indulging tonight in a "training treat"of chocolate and vanilla fro yo with Caramel, Fudge, banana and peanut butter cups...I hear this combo makes you ride really fast in the am...

1 comment:

jessica said...

and again -- i suck for bailing on you this morning :(