Friday, September 21, 2012

Brick.

So yesterday's 2nd workout was what I like to call....a "shit show." Because my morning workout was cut in half by that wet storm I decided to take on a couple more hours of riding in the afternoon. It was super sunny and warmed up a bit but it was really, really (I say this in an angry voice) windy. Sometimes if I'm not having an incredible day that wind can get a bit taxing on my old nerves. 35 minutes in I threw in the towel..my blood sugar dropped really low, I was super cranky and I just listened to my bod and called it a day. No biggie. I capped off the night with some yin yoga though and hit the hay before 10.

Now do you think I would let myself off that easy yesterday? No, no no...I decided to get up at 5:15, have a cup of coffee, a saltstick, half a Powerbar (don't recommend the vanilla crisp btw) and then I hopped on my bike and got 14 miles in. My day called for a 45'ish minute run, so after the bike I ran over and met up with Jess and Tater (her pup) and we hit the streets. I got about 5.6 good miles in.

Everything is feeling really good right now! Less than one month until race day!

Post brick breakfast today? Hold on to your Stroh's, it was a great one!
My Bananas Gone Wild  recipe:
Thick cut oats with cinnamon & flax
Chocolate chips
Almond butter
Almond milk
Topped with bananas!

Give that baby a whirl..I did put too many chocolate chips in so they melted into a chocolate soup. Hey you live and you learn!

Easy yoga tomorrow then a 10 miler on Sunday.

No comments: