Sunday, September 2, 2012

What a week!

Video shoots, paparazzi, dinners, lunches, running, biking, family, friends, Broadway and great people! This just about sums up this week for me.

Sunday am I headed to NYC for a quick video shoot for a company that I have worked with quite a bit in the past. I love when I get a phone call from them because I know something fun is in the works. Also, because they are in NYC it always gives me a chance to see my uncles..this time I had an added bonus, my other uncle was in town on tour.
Bring It On on Broadway, dinner with the uncles, lunch and dinner with them again, the video shoot with my peeps, a little retail therapy and also a nice run downtown.

 
Here are my uncles and me after dinner at John's, our favorite pizza spot. The three you see here are responsible for why I am the way I am now. Of course my parents and brothers can be thanked for that BUT these three taught me everything I know...

Wednesday am I was back at the airport headed to Wilmington, N.C. for the big video and photo shoot for PPD. PPD is the sponsor for the Beach 2 Battleship triathlon and the reason I will be nailing a 1/2 Iron Man in October.

PPD has chosen me to be one of their "Hero" which is probably the coolest honor I've had yet. They brought me down for the video and photo shoot. Thursday was the shoot and it all started with a 5:30am beach call time.We filmed and shot there for a bit then headed over to the gym at the PPD HQ. After the gym we broke for a nice lunch and then headed downtown for some b roll of me strolling the streets and eating Kilwin's ice cream..yummmm! We ended the day with the actual interview. I cannot wait to see this video. The crew that shot was incredibly talented and they were the real deal...stay tuned for this!

While in the Wilm I was constantly on the go, dinner with different PPD employees, the PPD CEO and CFO, the CEO of YMCA, a group from the CFF and more. I was also able to meet my swimming relay member Scott. Scott just happens to have CF, had a double lung transplant some 10 years ago and  most importantly, he is hilarious. Since his transplant he has competed in 6 iron mans. He is the MAN and I cannot wait to tackle this tri with him. At that dinner I was also able to meet Hal. He had a double transplant 22 years ago.....seriously. Clay Aiken was at the table next to us but clearly our table had much more star power!

I will post about yesterday and today's training later...I'll just say that yesterdays 4 hour ride + 15 min run went really really well!

No comments: