Monday, September 24, 2012

Catching Mad Zzzz's

The title says it all...sleep.

Boy I'll tell ya, it has been a great weekend of sleeping. A cracked window lets this cool fall weather blow through which instantly puts me down for the count. Like a baby.

Getting that long run in on Saturday allowed me to sleep in to a cool 8:10 am on Sunday. I know, I know, that is just outrageous. 8:10? Wasted so much of my day...That night I clocked in about 10 solid hours. Today I slept until 7:30 which again brought me in at a cool 9 hours. I am well rested for the week ahead!

See, when you are training a lot sleep is a prized possession. Most of my training starts at either 5:30, 6 or 7, so sleeping past those times is like holding a fuzzy puppy to your face.

Let's get back to the fall season though. Fall usually means chillier temps right? Exactly..this morning it was a balmy 39 degrees when I awoke from my slumber. That is just TOO cold to be on a bike, at least until my new Pearl Izumi cold gear arrives! During this training I have become obsessed with the weather. So having an idea of the almost freezing morning temps, I arranged our ride today to be in the evening when it will be in the 60's. Brilliant!

Off to a slow flow yoga to keep this body going!


No comments: