Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Waffle Wednesday

Well if it isn't waffle cone Wednesday once again! By now you may know that WCW is a TCBY special..instead of the fro yo tonight I opted for just Waffle Wednesday after my ride. Pictured above are two whole wheat waffles. One has earth balance and my dad's famous blackberry jam. The other has almond butter with flax from TJ's, some cinnamon, Michigan honey and chia seeds. I washed it all down with some almond milk and French roast. Oh I also juiced carrots, an orange and ginger right after I got off the bike.

I rode this am with Armstrong for a cool hour and then got another 30 minutes in because she has to get those kids ready for school.,ended up with a nice 25 miles. But boy was it a humid and snotty ride! I'm getting over this sinus situation and was blowing rockets like crazy. Feels good to get that junk outta there but I feel sorry for the people who got to see it.

Around 11pm last night I took 1 of my sinus night time meds because I was coughing and sneezing and was all jazzed up watching our First Lady's speech. I mean come on, even if you are an elephant and disagree totally with our president, you gotta have some major respect for this lady. She is a beacon of hope and is my inspiration. Look at what she has done to inspire this nations families; putting children first, health, fitness and just being a total inspiration. I love her.  I even delayed taking that much needed sinus pill because I could not leave the room, had to watch every word she said.  At a couple points during her speech I was sobbing. Sobbing because I was inspired, sobbing because my arms will never look that good, but also I know that she has my back and actually cares about the social issues that I face every day.  She is the real deal and the USA needs someone like this to look up to. She is 100% class and has some of the finest arms around.

I'll end today's blog with my favorite quote of the night. This really hit home with me because I am a broke ass lady, living paycheck to paycheck, not working full time, but busting my ass every second I can to be there and help others. So here is the quote and I hope everyone can start to think more like this:

"Success is not about how much money you make, It's about the difference you make in people's lives."- Michelle Obama



EM

P.S. I do not like to get political very often because I am friends with a lot of people with a lot of different views. I just woke up riding high from a couple speeches (and night time sinus meds) from last night and feel very good about who I am because of what I heard.

No comments: