Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Windy Wednesday becomes....flat

You are the wind beneath my wings...or the wind against my face. Today was a little windy! Armstrong and I decided last night (at the TCBY Rock CF Fundraiser) that instead of riding at 6 am when it would be 40 degrees, we should ride at 6pm when it would be 66. Sounded good to me! I just realized that there are a lot of 6's happening in this paragraph. Hmmmm...maybe that is a sign to where this is going.


Our plan was to start adding in some speed work today. Nothing more I want to do on a windy day than add in some speed. We did it though and it was actually pretty sweet! The wind really wasn't that bad and we got in a few sprints before I ran something over that jolted my back end, of the bike... ;)
We finished up a sprint and I then I saw it...the flat tire! Boooooooooo.

In my trusty pack I had a tire lever, a tube, and a co2 pump. Ready to rock this shit. I got the wheel off the bike and just as I was struggling my ass off to pop the tire, two guys rolled up and offered to help. Why yes, I will accept your help fellas.  After watching them both, together, work to get the tire off  I didn't feel so bad that I couldn't get it off. This baby was like glued into my rim. Once they finally got it off (breaking my tire lever) they popped my new tube and, filled it up annnd...flat. This baby wouldn't hold air. Took the tire back off and sure enough there was a hole in it. New tube round 2..wouldn't hold air. COOL! Now I have really stumped these guys. Armstrong decided to head home so she could get her car to drive me home because we all saw no hope with this tire situation...

After inspecting my rim, the tire and anything that could be inspected, we found nothing. What is going on? 3rd time was definitely a charm though. This baby filled up and held air. Bing bango! The guys went on their way and I waited with a handful of tubes, co2's and boxes waiting for Becky. She came and gathered my trash and  I was back on the road. Definitely owe these guys new co2's and some tubes. Luckily I know where one of them works.

Off for some Zzzz's, 4 hour ride + 15 minute run in the am. Cold gear is out because I've got a feeling I will be looking at icicles in the am.

Peace.

No comments: