Friday, September 28, 2012

Keep on keepin on.

Great morning of training yesterday!

It was a chilly one on that bike, and if that temp dips down another degree for the next ride my toe covers and full gloves are coming out. It was balmy!! These a.m. rides are also getting pretty damn dark. Armstrong is sans front light and her back light won't clip on anything sometimes...so she rides like a phantom and relies on spotty streetlights and my lighted up self.

We rode about an hour together and then I got 40 more minutes in until my left foot was cold and numb. It was a brick day so when I got home I had to wait until my foot thawed out before I ran..so I made my oatmeal and then hit the roads. A slow but good 40 minute run and I was home sipping coffee and eating my oatmeal w/cinnamon & flax, topped with greek yogurt and....drum roll please.................Trader Joe's Pumpkin Butter! Yep it is the season folks and yesterday was my official opener. You gotta get into this stuff stat.

Also yesterday was a big CF Foundation fundraiser called Shoot for the Cure. I'm not a huge gun person but my bro is a cop so I speak Glock. Also my dad hunts so I am down with shotguns. The event yesterday was at the Detroit Gun Club and basically over 100 people were out there shoot clay pigeons. It was pretty damn cool! Last time I went I actually shot but because I'm 3 weeks away from the race I didn't want to risk anything.

After they shot and had a few drinks, glad they drank affffter, I got up and gave a little pep talk. All I can say is that of all the events I have spoken at (which is a lot), even the black ties, this group was the most generous group I have ever seen. One guy gave $5,000 on the spot after my speech and several other threw in some K's as well. It was awesome and totally made my day! THANK YOU to Roush Racing for sponsoring this incredible event and also thanks to everyone at the Michigan CFF offices. YOU ROCK!!

Tomorrow my bro Adam and I are running the Spring Lake Oktoberfest 1/2 marathon. It is a training run so my plan is to run really slow and just get the miles in. Even if I have to use a taser to slow my brother down I will..it's crunch time!

Em

No comments: