Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thar She Blows..

Last night it was the tire..this a.m.? Storm! Wind, rain, thunder & lightning. This almost sounds like the Captain Planet theme song. The only thing missing is, Heart!

Today I was aiming for the 4 hour ride + 15-20 min run...this was all cut a little short and I only got 2 hours of riding in. Because of my tire and having no tubes or anything to help if iI got in a jam, I decided to stay close instead of heading downtown or far east. I did a few loops down by the water for about an hour and was accompanied by some serious wind gusts. The wind was a little psycho though because it really didn't know which way to blow, this just made it pretty entertaining. 20 mph in one directing, 14 in the other. Love these days.

After my windy hour I headed east (or north..I really don't know) and started to do some loops up there. Into the wind one way and a little help from the wind the other. It was actually pretty fun and I was looking forward to another 2 hours...that is until the raindrops started.1 hour and 45min in they started dropping. Then they were dropping a little harder, and then a little more. Once the thunder and lightning started I hauled ass back toward my crib. The faster I pedaled the harder the rain fell and the wind blew. With each flash of lightning I did a self check "do I feel electric? is my hair standing up?"...After 15 minutes of hard riding in the downpour, into the wind and dodging puddles, my wet and dirty ass made it home. Straight to the shower I went to warm up!

Hopping on the trainer crossed my mind, rather briefly..I'll probably head out this afternoon when it dries up for another 1/.5-2 hour ride and a little run. This week of riding is cray craaaay!

On a side note, I've got some nice congestion going on this week. Blue Lightning is in my system but it just feels like it is taking longer to kick in. This is my 3rd time stopping and restarting it and it seems like each time I restart it takes longer and I don't really make it back to my highest peak. Thinking or worrying about it isn't worth is soI just ride and run harder, and spit along the way!

Here's to a dry afternoon!

Em

No comments: